Tuesday, February 12, 2019

First Detailed Task 2 Feedback: Does Tech Make Work Easier?

Hey! That's me!
Welcome back to IELTS Temple, and today marks a milestone for me as an instructor. If you've seen the feedback I've been giving on essays in the Facebook Tips and Tricks group, you'll know I am thorough and put a lot of time and thought into it. That is because I actually enjoy doing it.

What I enjoy is seeing a few, here and there, improve their writing with just a few essays. I think I'm a little reponsible for that.

As of today, I can do that for you too.  My detailed, honest (some say I'm a bit mean at times) and insightful critiques will hopefully show you what your tendencies are and how to improve them. Plus
I'll give you something that I never do on Facebook nor in my actual RL classes here in Yangon: A band score for each criteria backed up with direct quotes from the Public Band Descriptors.

To show what the temple can do, I'll need a first client! This 5 page feedback report goes out to Ajeesh S, someone who is typical of the kind of student I can best help: upper intermediate learners who know a lot of words and interesting grammar, but lack control. You've got to put that all together.
Task One - Comparing Maps
coming soon. The map is shaped
like a ..... No.

Note: the question is obviously from what I called the "devil" of the analogy I'm making, non-official prep sources. I prefer not to give feedback on them, but this one was "close enough" that it makes little difference.

You can download the full PDF
HERE...

It's too long to post fully on the blog, so you'll need to DL it to see it. Also note that in future feedbacks, a model essay showing what a Band 8+ essay would look like. I'll write one soon, but I'm so excited to come this far! Oh, here's one.

Whose next? Click the Essay Correction Service button on the Home screen. How much? Well, I don't know. I'm new at this. Money in the Temple?!? Egads.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot, joko :) I will take this very seriously and try to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mentioned in the post that I have no model essay to share on this question because I haven't had time, and it's not an official question. I did find this essay from my +91 neighbor that answers an almost identical question very well. Definitely a model answer.
    "https://eltecenglish.com/2018/08/03/ielts-essay-august-2018-new-technology-is-improving-the-lives-of-workers/"

    ReplyDelete